- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 16’x24’ (384 sf) x 10’ high, insulated living unit shell. Great for a backyard house and may accommodate a full kitchen and bathroom
- Structural Insulated Panel (SIP) construction: R23 walls and floor, R37 roof; foundation may be raised SIP floor or concrete slab on grade (not included)
- IRC compliant and permittable structure. Roof top solar ready. Electrical wiring ready. 20 years foam “R” value and delamination warranty
- Can withstand: 25 psf snow load standard, options up to 70 psf snow load. 180 mph wind speed standard, option up to 250 mph. High seismic event – Category A, B, C, D and E. Made in the U.S.A.
- 4-6 weeks manufacturing and delivery
Construction and finishes: -The shell can be erected in 1 to 2 days with 4 people using nail gun, screw gun, and level; some construction knowledge would be helpful but not required. -Kit includes all materials to erect the shell including prefabricated SIPs, lumber, nails, mastic and screws. -Kit includes assembly instructions showing step-by-step procedures. Comprehensive base grade materials list (item/manufacturer/model) for Lowe’s or Home Depot to complete the exterior (dry-in) and interior (walls, plumbing, electrical) will be provided. The lists are flexible and may be upgraded to meet your needs. Approximate additional cost for materials to complete the exterior of the structure is estimated at $2,500 and interior (as shown) at $3,000. -A permit ready set of drawings (architectural, sealed structural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical) and calculations are available for additional cost; site plan is not included; fee varies by location. This SIP Kit Homes backyard guest house is designed as a studio apartment. The SIP floor design allows the unit to be placed on a simple gravel pad and sleepers. The option without the SIP floor requires a concrete slab or similar foundation (not included). The upgradeable Lowe’s or Home Depot shopping list allows you to make changes to fit individual needs. The interior design is flexible and entirely up to the customer for such things as changing the door to a French door, using different siding and roof finishes, changing the full kitchen to a partial kitchen, or eliminating the kitchen all together are possible. The great room is large enough for a sleeping and living area. Air conditioning can be added with easy to install wall units (not included) or mini-split system (not included). Adding SIP Kit Homes’ insulated garden guest house to your backyard is an easy and affordable way to create extra space you need. Our tiny home shell is made per custom order and takes approximately 4-6 weeks for manufacturing/delivery.